I'm a Blog
Mr and Mrs Mac // CAMBRIDGESHIRE WEDDING
Cambridgeshire wedding venues are so varied – The Black Horse, Elton has to be up there with one of my favourites to shoot at. Pretty much the whole day took place in the grounds, with two beautiful marquees in place, one for the ceremony and disco, one for the food and speeches.
Emma and Joe really are a great couple, something I immediately knew when we met for a coffee to discuss plans. I knew there’d be plenty of children at the wedding, which is something I always enjoy being a part of, as well as the 37 brothers and sisters Joe has. (I may have exaggerated a little, but there was definitely at least 30).
It was such a relaxed day, which makes my job easy. They really did go with the flow of the day, even when Emma’s back gave way halfway through the formals. Nothing could stop her from going for a little walk with Joe into the field when I pointed out how amazing the light was – and I’m so glad they did, it produced some of my favourite images of the year.
Also, one of the shots below I ‘hid’ (in plain sight) in some tree branches – which seemed to make them laugh… see if you can guess which one
Over to the couple to share their thoughts.
// M E E T I N G //
We met 11 years ago at work, we sat next to each other for 6 years before getting together!
// T I M I N G //
We really wanted a summer wedding and hoped for a sunny day as the wedding venue was outside, lucky for us we didn’t get rain, but we did get a heat wave… we were even worrying about sun cream and sun shade for our guests!
// V E N U E //
The Black Horse is in a small Cambridgeshire Village called Elton, and this is where the bride grew up. The Black Horse has always been part of Emma and her family’s life, so was really close to their heart.
// T I P S //
(1) Chill about the details! you’ll have amazing day whatever the table decorations look like!
(2) If you can put cash behind the bar, do it, everyone loves a free drink eh?
(3) Make sure you have a good conversation with your DJ about what music you want playing – at least make sure they work off a rough playlist you can give them.
// F A V O U R I T E P A R T //
The ceremony; walking down the aisle with my Dad was the most wonderful part; also having everyone there I loved under one beautiful canopy on a gorgeous blue skied summers day. It was super special.
You're getting married, now what?
Click below to get a completely FREE guide to planning your wedding
Should You Book Me?
- Yes 80% 80%
- Yes, but in a different colour 20% 20%
- 2019 TWIA East Midlands Wedding Photographer of the Year (Newcomer)
- Multiple 'Photographers Keeping it Real' Awards
- Featured on Looks Like Film
- Feature Post on The Wedding Community
- Published in Rutland Pride
- Published on Brides Keeping it Real
- "Really good" - My Mum