Sam and Sarah had their Haycock Hotel Wedding in August bang in the middle of a heatwave, which was great for the pictures, not so much for my hydration levels…
A few things stand out for me:
– Sam trying to read his speech off his phone while all of his friends send very rude messages to him on WhatsApp
– A family member playing the guitar while Sarah and Sam opened their present from Sam’s mum – which was a honeymoon to Bali no less!
– Sarah and Sam taking shots, which they didn’t like too much
– Me… erm… slightly (very slightly, ok, totally) smashing a glass when doing couple shots – sorry again Sarah
– Spending most of the day wondering just what these guys were laughing about on their phone
– Grandparents watching the group shots
Over to the couple to tell you some more about their day.
// M E E T I N G //
We met in September 2009 as fresher reps for Nottingham Trent University. It took Sam a whole year to realise what a good deal he was getting and commit!
// P R O P O S A L //
We took a trip to Dublin for a couple of days in October half term. We did all the usual tourist stops and Sam proposed in a trendy restaurant in Temple Bar. I never thought he would ask so I was totally shocked, even more so when I found out he’d bought and hidden the ring for 3 months!
// T I M I N G //
We wanted a summer wedding with guaranteed good weather, but it ended up being ever so slightly too hot!
// V E N U E //
We wanted a rustic looking venue, beautiful gardens, delicious food and had plenty of rooms for our guests to stay in and make a weekend of it. We fell in love with the feature room we stayed in for our wedding night. It was also pretty much half way for both of our families to travel to so ticked all the boxes.
// T I P S //
- Don’t let anyone influence your big day. Only have guests there that YOU both want and have it the way you want it.
- When you set your budget, prioritise which aspects you feel are worth splurging on, and which things you could possibly DIY. Shop around, and stick to your budget.
- Enjoy the process; it goes by far too quickly, especially dress shopping!
// F A V O U R I T E P A R T (S) //
- Walking down the aisle with my Dad.
- Our first time alone as a married couple (in the middle of the day with our wonderful photographers actually!).
- Our first dance.
- The speeches.
If you want to have a chat about me covering your day then you can Contact Me here, let me know what you think in the comments.